08 December 2017

The Greater Pentail & Other Birds


I am glad to have received the detailed illustrations of two birds difficult to spot. Rarely Spotted Curtail or Dimwit, also named after... me (!!).

And my favourite on the back of the envelope: The Greater Pentail. Sadly, it is an endangered species: "This species is now quite rare, due to a large numbers having their tails stolen by Postcrossers". 



From John's Personal Bird Encyclopaedia.  You can see two more interesting birds on Heleen's blog.

I almost forgot to show you another bird on the stamp: the Goldcrest (Regulus regulus).

2 comments:

  1. I love John's Personal Bird Encyclopedia. So wonderful to see what Nature has created! And I am happy to know two more species now, thanks to your blog post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its really funny. It made me smile widely when I found the envelope in the mail box!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.